64th Annual State Conference
August 2-5, 2020
River’s Edge Convention Center
St. Cloud, MN 56301
MSNA 2020 Annual Conference Call for Proposals is now open!
The Minnesota School Nutrition Association (MSNA) is accepting proposals for educational sessions at the 64th State Annual conference, August 2-5, 2020 at the River’s Edge Convention Center in St. Cloud MN.
MSNA is seeking proposals that address one of the School Nutrition Association’s four Key Areas:
- Communications and Marketing.
- For detailed information see CFP Preferred Topics.
- Topics must be current and may be relevant to school nutrition regulations or general operations.
- Sessions are set theater style and typically accommodate 150-200 attendees per session.
- Maximum of 3 speakers/panelists per session.
- To ensure that attendees’ educational needs are met, an educational session committee will review each proposal to determine if the content aligns with member educational needs.
- Education sessions are for one-hour time slots on a specific topic and will take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the conference. Sessions will run concurrently. Speakers are highly encouraged to repeat the educational session if enough time slots are available.
- Speakers agree to be available on any day which MSNA assigns the session.
- MSNA is non-profit volunteer organization committed to the education and training of our members. MSNA does not provide speaker fees or travel reimbursement. Speakers are expected to make their own travel arrangements unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing.
- Speakers do not need to be SNA members; however, if a proposal is accepted ALL speakers must register as conference attendees.
- If the speaker plans to attend the conference only on the day of their presentation, they will be given complimentary registration only for the day of the presentation. Complimentary registration is non-transferable.
- If the proposal is accepted and speakers plan to attend the full conference, they will receive the early bird price for their registration.
- Exhibitors who are also speakers should note that while MSNA will make every effort not to schedule your session during Directors-Only exhibit hours, due to the evolving nature of the schedule, we cannot guarantee that your session will not be scheduled during these hours. Product promotion is strictly prohibited from education sessions.
Experience has proven that participation in MSNA’s conference programming has often provided exposure for speakers garnishing future speaking engagements; particularly with SNA state affiliates.
MSNA adopts the national School Nutrition Association policy on marketing of industry products or services:
Education Sessions are NOT to be used as a sales or promotional platform for any speaker’s company, products, or services. MSNA reserves the right to halt speakers from this practice if the situation arises during their presentation.
Submission of Proposals:
- Proposals must be submitted online by 11:59 pm CT on December 20, 2020, to be considered.
- Link to submit proposal
- The individual submitting the proposal is considered the *primary contact.
*The primary contact must provide contact information for ALL speakers, including name, address, phone number and email address. The primary contact will be notified of the committee’s decision by January 15, 2020
- Please note that special consideration will be given to topics that align with MSNA’s 2020 Strategic Focus. It is strongly encouraged that proposal submitters review the preferred topic list and consider the topics listed prior to starting the application.
- All presenters invited to speak must comply with MSNA’s speaker agreement.
If you have any questions regarding the Call for Proposal application process, please feel free to email your questions to the MSNA office at email@example.com
Nutrition Conference Update!
Thanks to valuable feedback we received during MSNA’s Annual Conference, we are assessing how we can best provide training and education for members. We are taking this opportunity to postpone the annual fall Nutrition Conference to re-format the layout to better serve you! Please note that the Nutrition Conference will take place at a future date (2020) and will be better than ever! We will be sure to keep you informed as it is developed.
2019 63rd Annual State Conference Workshop Presentations
August 5-7, 2019, Rivers Edge Convention Center
MSNA Logo Items
You can order an array of MSNA logo merchandise! Click on the link for the online catalog and how to order your merchandise!
2018 62nd Annual Conference Workshop Presentations
Mayo Civic Center, July 29-August 1, 2018
More Upcoming Events
Other Upcoming Events
MSNA Legislative Conference
February 25, 2020
Capital Building, St. Paul MN
SNA Legislative Conference
March 8-10, 2020
MSNA SNIP Conference
May 6-8, 2020
Madden’s Resort, Brainerd MN
SNA Annual Conference
July 12-14, 2020
2020 Annual Conference
August 2-5, 2020
Food Show August 4, 2020
River’s Edge Convention Center
St. Cloud MN
Please click on this Survey Monkey Link to update your email address you prefer to receive MSNA information!