The Minnesota School Nutrition Association (MSNA), founded in 1956 as a state-wide association with local chapters, is a non-profit association of members who work to ensure that all children have access to healthy meals and nutrition education in Minnesota. MSNA represents anyone who is involved or interested in school nutrition programs, although many more benefit from their efforts, including children, parents, school administrators and those school food service personnel who are not members. The association provides members the opportunity for professional development through education and training; provides members with important news and information; and provides members with the opportunity for networking and fellowship. In addition, the association members work hard to promote school food service to the various publics.
MSNA Mission Statement
“MSNA is a state organization of school nutrition professionals committed to advancing school meal programs through education and advocacy”.
Be the authority and resource for school nutrition programs.
MSNA is a state organization of school nutrition professionals committed to advancing school meal programs through education and advocacy.
- Collaboration, Relationship Building and Teamwork
- Caring Commitment and Service
- Lifelong Wellness and Healthy Lifestyles
- Passion for Lifelong Learning and Professional Development
- Integrity and Ethics
Core Purpose: Well-nourished students prepared for success
MSNA GOALS AND STRATEGIES FOR 2016-2018
1. Education and Professional Development
2. Advocacy & Public Image
- 2016-18 MSNA Strategic Plan
- 2017 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper
- 2016-MSNA Position Paper
- 2015 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
- 2015 SNA PositionPaper (pdf)
- 2014-15 MSNA Strategic Action Plan & Chapter Action Plan (pdf)
- 2013-14 MSNA Strategic Plan of Action (pdf)
- 2014 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
- 2014 SNA PositionPaper (pdf)
- 2013 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
- 2013 SNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
- 2011-2012 State Association Guide (pdf)
- 2012 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
- 2012 SNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
- 2010-2011 Stategic Plan (pdf)
- 2009-2010 Strategic Plan (pdf)
- 2008-2009 Strategic Plan (pdf)