The purpose of Minnesota School Nutrition Association is to provide our members opportunities for professional development and to build relationships that make a difference in the lives of children.
- All members will be well-trained, highly skilled professionals who care about children.
- Members will be advocates for Child Nutrition Programs.
- We will change the face of Child Nutrition, including:
- Quality nutritious food choices will be available and accessible at no charge to the student as an integral component of the education day.
- Society recognizes the high value of quality school nutrition programs.
- Childhood hunger ends on our watch.
- The Child Nutrition profession will attract motivated and diverse job candidates.
- Professionalism and Self-fulfillment
- Improving skills through education and training to achieve self-fulfillment in our careers.
- Achieving high standards; proficient at what we do; dedicated to learning and enhancing skills.
- Caring about others, feeling good about our service.
- Providing educational opportunities for members to gain confidence, recognition, and leadership skills.
- Being part of a greater cause, such as nourishing children and supporting each other.
- Relationships and Partnerships
- Developing positive working collaborations with stakeholders, including colleagues, children, the community, districts, affiliate organizations and industry.
- Developing personal and professional friendship that foster mentoring, the “pick up the phone” kind.
- Developing relationships with children. The reason for our existence!
- Making it educational but enjoyable.
- Demonstrating a balance between work and play.
- Providing camaraderie and support
MSNA GOALS AND STRATEGIES FOR 2012-2014
1. Professionalism through Training For All Members
2. Effective Internal and External Communications
3. Financial Stability
2012-14 Strategic Action Plan (pdf)
2013 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
2013 SNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
2011-2012 State Association Guide (pdf)
2012 MSNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
2012 SNA Legislative Issue Paper (pdf)
2010-2011 Stategic Plan (pdf)
2009-2010 Strategic Plan (pdf)
2008-2009 Strategic Plan (pdf)